*3/4 cup milk
*2 Tbsp. dried lavender flowers, finely chopped, or 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped flowers
*2 cups all-purpose flour
*1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
*1/4 tsp. salt
*6 Tbsp. butter, softened
*1 cup sugar
*2 large eggs
1. Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heat milk with lavender almost to a boil, then steep until cool. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in bowl.
3. In another bowl cream butter and gradually add sugar, then eggs, one at a time, beating until light and fluffy.
4. Add flour mixture alternately with lavender milk, in three parts. Mix until batter is just blended, do not overbeat.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool. When completely cool, drizzle with a simple sugar glaze or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Garnish with sprigs of fresh lavender.