*¾ cup butter or margarine
*1 teaspoon almond extract
*½ cup granulated sugar
*½ teaspoon vanilla extract
*½ cup sifted confectioners' sugar
*2 cups all-purpose flour
*1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Cream butter and sugars in a medium bowl until fluffy.
2. Add egg and extracts; beat until smooth.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Chill dough 3-4 hours before rolling out.
5. On a lightly floured surface, use a floured rolling pin to roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out cookies and transfer to a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browed. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Sprinkle with sugar or frost to decorate. Enjoy with your favorite cup of tea!