*1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
*1/2 cup whole almonds
*1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
*1/2 cup apricot jam or preserves
*1/2 cup powdered sugar
*1 teaspoon water
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In food processor or blender, place 1/2 cup cookie mix and the almonds; process until almonds are finely chopped.
3. In large bowl, stir remaining cookie mix, the butter, egg and almond mixture until soft dough forms. Press dough in pan to cover bottom.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes. Loosen edges from side of pan; cut cookie into 4 (7 1/2x5-inch) rectangles. Cool 30 minutes. With spatula, transfer pieces to a cutting board.
5. Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, process jam until smooth. In small bowl, reserve 2 teaspoons of processed jam; set aside. Spread remaining jam on top side of 2 rectangles. Place a remaining rectangle, bottom side up, on top of each jam-covered rectangle.
6. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the powdered sugar over each rectangle. Add remaining powdered sugar and the water to reserved jam; stir until smooth. Place in small food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small tip from one corner of bag; squeeze glaze on top of dusted rectangles in diagonal crisscross pattern. Let stand 30 minutes to set.
7. Cut each rectangle in half to make 4 (7 1/2x2 1/2-inch) rectangles. Cut each rectangle into seven 2 1/2x1-inch bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Makes 28 bars.
Nutrition information per serving:
*Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60)
*Total Fat 6g
*Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g)
*Total Carbohydrate 21g
*Dietary Fiber 0g