* 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg
* 1 8-ounce carton orange-flavored yogurt
* 1/3 cup cooking oil
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
* 1 to 2 teaspoons orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly grease thirty-six 1-3/4-inch muffin cups or line them with paper bake cups. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat egg. Stir in yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake in the preheated oven about 10 minutes or until tops of muffins are golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin cups and cool completely.
4. In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make a glaze of drizzling consistency. Drizzle or brush glaze over muffins. Serve immediately.
Makes 36 muffins.
To Make Ahead: Place baked, glazed muffins in airtight containers; cover. Store in a cool, dry place up to 24 hours. Or place baked, unglazed muffins in a freezer container; seal. Freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw muffins at room temperature, then glaze.
* Calories 65,
* Total Fat (g) 2,
* Saturated Fat (g) 0,
* Cholesterol (mg) 6,
* Sodium (mg) 46,
* Carbohydrate (g) 10,
* Fiber (g) 0,
* Protein (g) 1,
* Vitamin C (DV%) 0,
* Calcium (DV%) 1,
* Iron (DV%) 2,
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet