* Nonstick cooking spray
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 4 eggs
* 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
* 3/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar*
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/3 cup cooking oil
* 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
* 1/3 cup orange juice
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
* 1/2 cup snipped pitted dates or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, sugar, egg, honey, oil, orange peel, and orange juice. Using a wooden spoon, stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Stir in nuts and dates or raisins. Divide mixture between the prepared pans.
3. Bake about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 2 loaves (32 slices).
*Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking or Equal Sugar Lite. Follow the package directions to use the product amount equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar.
Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed. Place each loaf of bread in a freezer container or bag. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw the wrapped bread at room temperature.
* Calories 129,
* Total Fat (g) 4,
* Saturated Fat (g) 1,
* Cholesterol (mg) 0,
* Sodium (mg) 87,
* Carbohydrate (g) 22,
* Fiber (g) 2,
* Protein (g) 3,
* Starch (d.e.) .5,
* Other Carbohydrates (d.e.) 1,
* Fat (d.e.) .5,
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet