* 2 eggs, slightly beaten
* 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2-1/2 cups peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1-1/2 cups sugar
* 1 cup cooking oil
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
* Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and lightly flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In another bowl toss apples with lemon juice; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in apples and pecans. (Batter will be thick.) Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully remove from pan. Cool thoroughly on wire rack. If you like, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cover; store in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.