* 1 cup old-fashioned oats
* 2 cups fat-free or low-fat buttermilk
* 1 2/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
* 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1 tsp. salt
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 tsp. grated orange zest
* 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1. Combine oats and buttermilk in mixing bowl. Cover; let stand 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin pan cups with nonstick cooking spray or use pleated paper liners.
3. Combine buttermilk mixture, flour, sugar, oil, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs and orange zest in second mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in blueberries and walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling them 3/4 full.
4. Bake 15 minutes, or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on wire rack to cool.
Nutritional Information per SERVING:
Total fat 3g