* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 egg, slightly beaten
* 1 (8-ounce) carton lemon yogurt
* 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
* 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
* Lemon Glaze (see recipe below)
1. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together egg, yogurt, and lemon peel. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Using a fork, stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. (Do not knead, roll or cut dough.)
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (or use an ice cream scoop) onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree F for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove biscuits from baking sheet. Place on a wire rack. Drizzle Lemon Glaze over warm biscuits. Serve warm.
Makes about 15 biscuits.
Lemon Glaze: In a small bowl, stir together 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and enough lemon juice to reach a drizzling consistency (2 to 3 teaspoons).