* 2/3 cup butter
* 7 ounces German sweet chocolate
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
* 3 eggs
* 3 egg yolks
* 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* Additional confectioners' sugar
* Hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
* In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, chocolate, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper and cloves; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks and extracts. Whisk in chocolate mixture. Add flour; whisk until blended.
* Pour into four generously greased 6-oz. souffle dishes or custard cups to within 1/4 in. of the top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°.
* Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cakes from dishes to dessert plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar and drizzle with fudge topping. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings.
Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004