* 1 cup butter, softened
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips and walnuts. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
* On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
* Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: About 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 386 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
~~Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004~~