* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup raspberry jam
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
* Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on greased or foil-lined baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down the center of each log. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
* Fill depressions with jam. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4-in. slices. Place on wire racks.
* In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm cookies. Cool completely.
Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 cookies equals 134 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
~~Taste of Home | December/January 2003~~