* 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
* 1 package (2.1 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
* 1-3/4 cups water
* 3 egg whites
* 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
* 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
* 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
* Chocolate curls, optional
* In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water and egg whites. Beat on low speed for 1 minute; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
* Pour into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
* For frosting, place milk and extract in a large bowl. Sprinkle with a third of the pudding mix; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk pudding into milk. Repeat twice with remaining pudding mix. Whisk pudding 2 minutes longer. Let stand for 15 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece (calculated without chocolate curls) equals 197 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
~~Light & Tasty | June/July 2007~~