* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups sugar
* 3 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
* 3 cups chopped peeled baking apples
* 2 cups chopped walnuts
* In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and mace; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apples and nuts. (Batter will be very stiff.)
* Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan bake at 325° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 16 servings.
~~ Bountiful Harvest Cookbook ~~