* 8 plums, pitted and quartered
* 2 cups blueberries
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 4 teaspoons sugar
* 2 tablespoons whole grain pastry flour
* 1 cup whole grain pastry flour
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
* 1 large egg white
* 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 9" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix the plums, blueberries, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the flour. Place in the prepared baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, mix 3 teaspoons of the remaining sugar, the baking powder, salt, and the remaining 1 cup flour.
4. In a small bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg white, and oil. Pour into the flour mixture. Stir until a thick batter forms. Drop tablespoons of the batter on top of the fruit. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes before serving.
~~Prevention's Decadent Desserts for Diabetics~~