* 1 teaspoon cornstarch
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cold water
* 3 cups sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1/8 teaspoon mace
* 1/2 teaspoon allspice
* 3 teaspoons Splenda
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 3 tablespoons margarine
* 1 vanilla bean, soaked, split in half
* 1 package phyllo dough
* 3/4 cup frozen vanilla yogurt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water.
3. In a medium saucepot over medium-high heat, combine the peaches, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, allspice, sugar substitute, and honey. Add the cornstarch mixture to the
4. peaches and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the peaches are tender.
5. Melt the margarine in a large skillet. Scrape out the seeds from the vanilla bean and add them to the margarine.
6. Brush 1 sheet of the phyllo with melted margarine. Add a second sheet of phyllo on top, and brush with margarine. Cut into 12 equal squares. Place each square in a muffin
7. tin and press to form the muffin tin shape. Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden. Cool.
8. Once the peach mixture and phyllo dough cups have cooled, scoop the peaches into the cups. Just before serving, top each phyllo cup with 1 tablespoon of frozen yogurt, if using.
~~Eat Up Slim Down Annual Recipes 2006~~