* 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
* 2 Tbsp. Signet marigold leaves
* 1 Tbsp. Signet marigold petals
* 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives
* 1 recipe Signet Marigold Biscuits or thinly sliced firm-textured white, wheat, or rye bread, toasted
* Signet marigold flowers (optional)
* Cucumber and/or radish slices (optional)
* Watercress (optional)
1. Let cream cheese stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a bowl combine Signet marigold leaves and petals; use kitchen scissors to coarsely snip. Stir in chives. Spread chive mixture on plastic wrap or waxed paper. Shape cream cheese into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Roll cheese log over chive mixture to evenly coat, pressing slightly so mixture adheres. Wrap log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3 to 24 hours (or freeze up to 1 hour).
2. To serve, split biscuits or cut bread in shapes using 2-inch cookie cutters. Slice cheese log in thin rounds; place rounds between biscuit halves or bread shapes. Top with whole Signet marigold flowers, cucumber or radish slices, and watercress.
Makes 38 sandwiches
Tip: For fewer sandwiches halve filling; use for 16 to 18 biscuits. Wrap and freeze remaining biscuits up to 3 months.
~~ Better Homes & Gardens ~~