* 2-3/4 cups cold water
* 1-1/2 cups sugar
* 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
* 1-3/4 cups (14 ounces) sour cream
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 8 to 10 drops yellow liquid food coloring, optional
* 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
* Assorted fruit, optional
* In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine water, sugar and gelatin; let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved; remove from the heat. Using a wire whisk, blend in sour cream, vanilla and food coloring if desired. Chill until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Blend in whipped topping. Pour into an oiled 8-cup heart-shaped mold. Chill until firm, at least 6 hours. Unmold onto a platter. Garnish with fruit if desired.
Yield: 14-16 servings.
~~ Country Woman | May/June 1997 ~~