* 1 pkg (18.25 oz) white cake mix
* 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
* 1/2 C sweetened applesauce
* 2 lg eggs
* 3 tbsp whole milk
* 1/2 C confectioners' sugar, sifted
* 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set aside.
2. To make the cake: Place the cake mix, strawberries, applesauce, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop, and scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium, and beat for 2 minutes longer, scraping the side down if needed. The batter should look well combined and thickened. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it with the spatula.
3. Bake the cake until it is light brown and springs back when lightly pressed, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and place it on a rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake, and invert it onto a serving platter to cool completely.
4. To make the glaze: Mix the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved to form a smooth glaze. Add the food coloring, if using.
5. Drizzle the glaze over the top and sides of the cooled cake in a decorative pattern. Slice, and serve.
Recipe Notes: Store this cake, covered in wax paper, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.