* 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese – light
* Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1/4 cup egg substitute
* 12 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
* 1 can (12 ounces) strawberry cake and pastry filling
* In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar substitute and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Add egg and egg substitute; beat until blended.
* Place each vanilla wafer flat side down in a foil-lined muffin cup. Fill with cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour (centers will sink slightly).
* Spoon pastry filling into the center of each cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 1 dozen.
Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener and Solo brand cake and pastry filling. Look for both products in the baking aisle.
Nutritional Analysis: 1 cheesecake equals 217 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
~~ Light & Tasty | December/January 2006 ~~