* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free mixed fruit gelatin
* 1/4 cup egg substitute
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* In a bowl, cream butter and gelatin. Beat in egg substitute and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
* Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-7 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool on wire racks.
Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (2 cookies) equals 59 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
~~ Taste of Home | February/March 1996 ~~