* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 2 eggs
* 1-3/4 cups cake flour
* 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
* 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1-1/2 tsp. lemon extract
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 2/3 cup milk
* 2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
* 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 1 recipe Lemon Glaze
1. Let butter and eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line fifteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In medium bowl combine cake flour, rosemary, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, lemon extract, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high for 2 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping bowl.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture; beat on low after each just until combined. Stir in the lemon peel and lemon juice.
4. Spoon batter in prepared cups to three-fourths full. Bake 22 to 25 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. (Bake 36 mini cakes 15 to 18 minutes; 6 jumbo cakes 25 to 30 minutes.) Cool in muffin cups on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
5. Spoon Lemon Glaze on cupcakes. Let stand 10 minutes.
Lemon Glaze: In small bowl combine 1 cup powdered sugar and enough lemon juice (5 to 5-1/2 teaspoons) for spreading consistency. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel.
Makes 15 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
~~Better Homes & Gardens~~