* 4 eggs, lightly beaten
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-3/4 cups sugar
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 4 cups finely shredded carrots
* 2/3 cup cooking oil
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger or 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
* 1 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped (optional)
* 1 recipe Double-Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Let eggs stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans; line bottoms with waxed or parchment paper; set aside.
2. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl combine eggs, carrots, oil, orange juice, and ginger. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture, stir in nuts. Spread batter in prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until pick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly on racks.
3. Prepare Double-Cream Cheese Frosting. Place one layer flat side down on plate; spread 3/4 cup frosting. Stack second layer flat side down; spread remaining frosting on top and sides.
Makes 12 servings.
Double-Cream Cheese Frosting: In large bowl beat together on low speed one 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened; 2 Tbsp. whipping cream; and 1/4 tsp. salt until fluffy. Gradually beat in 5 to 5-1/2 cups powdered sugar. Makes 2-1/2 cups.
~~Better Homes & Gardens~~