* 1 3/4 cups brewed black tea, cold
* 1 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 1/4 cups golden raisins
* 1/4 cup chopped candied citron
* 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
* 1 egg, beaten
1. Put the tea, sugar, raisins and peel into a bowl, cover and leave to soak overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch round pan.
3. Sift the flour into the fruit mixture, add the egg and beat well.
4. Pour into the cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.