* 3 egg whites
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup lemon curd
* 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
* 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
* 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
* 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
* 1/3 cup cubed fresh pineapple
* Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
* Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon.
* Bake at 275° for 45-50 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Spread cups with lemon curd and fill with fruit.
Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Easter Meringue Cups | Simple & Delicious March/April 2006