* 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
* 3 drops green food coloring
* 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
* 6 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
* Prepare cake batter according to package directions, using a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
* Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
* In a large bowl, combine the frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
* For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in extract. Spread over frosting. Refrigerate until set.
Yield: 20-24 servings.
~~Country Extra | March 2001~~