* 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
* 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 pound (4 ounces) smoked salmon, minced
Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix. Add the smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve with crudites or crackers.
If you can find it, I prefer Norwegian salmon; it's drier and less salty than other smoked salmon.
~~Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa Family Style~~