* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1-1/2 cups sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 1 can (12 ounces) whipped vanilla frosting
* Red and green food coloring
* Miniature chocolate chips
* In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, beating well after each addition. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
* On a heavily floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. round cookie cutter; cut circles in half. Repeat with remaining dough.
* Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool on wire racks.
* Place two-thirds of the frosting in bowl; add red food coloring. Add green food coloring to the remaining frosting. Spread pink frosting on tops of cookies. Frost the edges with green frosting, using a pastry bag with a small star tip if desired. Place chocolate chips randomly over the pink frosting for seeds.
Yield: about 8-1/2 dozen.
~~ Quick Cooking July/August 1998~~