* 1-1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated, divided
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup whipped topping
* 18 large fresh strawberries, halved
* Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate. In a microwave, melt remaining chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
* In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping and 1 tablespoon reserved chocolate. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #21 star pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream cheese mixture.
* Place strawberries cut side up on a serving platter. Pipe cream cheese mixture onto strawberries. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 strawberry halves equals 81 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
~~Simple & Delicious May/June 2009~~