* 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 2 teaspoons butter
* 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
* 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
* In a small nonstick skillet, saute apple and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the blue cheese, 3 tablespoons walnuts and salt. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each tart shell.
* Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Yield: 15 appetizers.
~~Light & Tasty December/January 2008~~