* 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
* 3/4 cup sugar, divided
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 3 tablespoons cold butter
* 3/4 cup buttermilk
* In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
* In a small bowl, combine the flour, lemon peel, baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto blueberry mixture.
* Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings.
~~Healthy Cooking June/July 2008~~