* 2 cups grated peeled potatoes, drained and squeezed dry
* 1 egg white, lightly beaten
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/3 cup garlic-herb cheese spread
* Fresh dill sprigs
* In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, egg white, salt and pepper. Place 1 tablespoonful in each of 24 greased miniature muffin cups, lining the bottom and sides of cups.
* Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of cheese into ovals; place in potato nests. Garnish with dill. Serve at room temperature.
Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 25 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
~~Taste of Home August/September 2005~~