* 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
* 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
* 36 slices cocktail rye bread
* 12 ounces sliced smoked salmon or lox
* 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
* Fresh dill sprigs, optional
* In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and dill. Spread on rye bread. Top with salmon and red onion. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired.
Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (3 canapes) equals 155 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
~~Light & Tasty December/January 2005~~