* 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
* 1 teaspoon dill weed
* 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
* 24 slices soft multigrain bread, crusts removed
* 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
* 1/4 medium cantaloupe, cut into 12 thin slices
* Combine the tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
* Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool to room temperature; thinly slice.
* In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, dill, lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over one side of 12 slices of bread. Top with cucumber, chicken, cantaloupe and remaining bread. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings.
~~ Light & Tasty June/July 2005~~