* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
* 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
* 2-1/2 cups half-and-half or light cream
* 1-3/4 cups pear nectar
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* Pear slices (optional)
1. In a large saucepan combine onion, water, and bouillon granules. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until onion is very tender; cool slightly. Do not drain.
2. Transfer mixture to a blender container or food processor bowl. Add pumpkin. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Return pumpkin mixture to saucepan. Stir in half-and-half or light cream, pear nectar, ginger, and white pepper. Cook and stir until heated through.
3. Ladle into soup bowls. If desired, garnish each serving with pear slices.
Makes 6 servings.