Searching for a favorite ingredient? Looking for a special recipe?

Monday, October 11, 2010

♥ Autumn Pear and Pumpkin Soup ♥

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
* 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
* 2-1/2 cups half-and-half or light cream
* 1-3/4 cups pear nectar
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* Pear slices (optional)

Directions:

1. In a large saucepan combine onion, water, and bouillon granules. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until onion is very tender; cool slightly. Do not drain.

2. Transfer mixture to a blender container or food processor bowl. Add pumpkin. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Return pumpkin mixture to saucepan. Stir in half-and-half or light cream, pear nectar, ginger, and white pepper. Cook and stir until heated through.

3. Ladle into soup bowls. If desired, garnish each serving with pear slices.

Makes 6 servings.

3 comments:

Bernideen said...

As my printer runs - this is exactly the type of recipe I have been looking at as I sit at the kitchen table filling a folder with great fall recipes. I just love matching food to each season and enjoying the tastes and smells!

Carolyn said...

This sounds good and is so easy to make-I am going to make this for sure!

Thank you,

Carolyn

kimberlyshaw said...

So I just scrolled down your blog and found myself in pumpkin heaven with all these wonderful recipes. I'm getting the biggest can of pumpkin I can find and enjoy my kitchen tomorrow! THANKS a ton!