* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup flaked coconut
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
* 1 egg
* 2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
* 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
* Finely chopped walnuts and/or additional flaked coconut, optional
* In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
* Roll into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Combine filling ingredients; spoon into cups. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool in pans on wire racks.
* For frosting, combine the sugar, shortening and vanilla until smooth; add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Remove cooled cups from pans. Frost; sprinkle with walnuts and additional flaked coconut if desired.
Yield: 4 dozen.
~~Calypso Cups published in Best of Country Cookies~~
Sunday, November 28, 2010
♥ Calypso Cups ♥