Perfect for dunking into a cup of coffee or tea. Swap dried cranberries, chopped dried strawberries or apricots for the cherries.
2 spray(s) cooking spray
2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp table salt
1 Tbsp canola oil
2/3 cup(s) sugar
1 large egg(s), beaten
2 large egg white(s), beaten
1/2 cup(s) mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup(s) dried cherries
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour, for rolling out dough
* Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
* In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
* In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together oil, sugar, egg and egg whites until well-combined. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, a little at a time, beating with each addition (dough will be stiff); fold in chocolate chips and cherries.
* Working on a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 13- X 1 1/2-inch log and place on center of prepared baking sheet; bake for 25 minutes.
* Reduce heat to 350°F and remove baking sheet from oven. Cool dough long enough to cut into twenty-four 3/8-inch-thick diagonal slices. Lay slices on their sides on same baking sheet; return to oven. Bake for 10 minutes; flip and bake until lightly browned, about 5 to 10 minutes more. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
Notes: Store extras in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
WW POINTS® Value: 2