* 24 double-stuffed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
* 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
* 2 teaspoons shortening
* 24 red maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
* 24 milk chocolate kisses
* 48 sliced almonds
* 1 small tube green decorative icing gel
* 1 small tube red decorative icing gel
* Carefully twist cookies apart; set aside the halves with cream filling. Save plain halves for another use.
* In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip in melted chocolate, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. Place on the cream filling of cookie, with cherry stem extending beyond cookie edge.
* For ears, place slivered almonds between the cherry and kiss. Refrigerate until set. With green gel, pipe holly leaves on the cream. With red gel, pipe holly berries between leaves and pipe eyes on each chocolate kiss. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
~~Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000~~