* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup lime juice
* 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 10 to 12 drops green food coloring
* 3/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
* 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 teaspoon lime juice
* Green colored sugar
* In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lime juice, lime peel and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Beat in food coloring. Stir in pistachios. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
* On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. tree shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lime juice until smooth. Decorate cookies with frosting as desired and sprinkle with colored sugar. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: About 4 dozen.
~~Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004~~