* 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
* 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
* 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
* 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
* 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onions and bacon. Spread mixture over bread slices. Cut asparagus to fit bread; place two spears on each bread slice. Roll up bread and place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
* Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Yield: 1 dozen.
~~Bountiful Harvest Cookbook~~