* 1 medium leek (white portion only), finely chopped
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
* Dash salt and white pepper
* Dash ground nutmeg
* 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
* 2 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed
* In a small skillet, saute leek in butter until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
* Place tart shells on a baking sheet. Slice cheese into 15 pieces; place one piece in each tart shell. Top each with 1-1/2 teaspoons leek mixture.
* Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 15 appetizers.
~~Taste of Home October/November 2008~~