* 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
* 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
* 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* 2 cups (8 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* Drain artichokes, reserving half of the marinade. Chop artichokes; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved marinade until tender; set aside.
* In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the cheese, parsley, reserved artichokes and onion mixture.
* Fill miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 325° for 15-17 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 4 dozen.
~~Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004~~