* 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup light corn syrup
* 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
* 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
* 2/3 cup cake flour (spooned and leveled)
1. In a medium saucepan, heat sugar, butter, corn syrup, and a pinch of salt over medium, stirring, until sugar has dissolved, about 7 minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat; stir in orange zest, pecans, and flour. Transfer to a bowl; cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until dough is firm, about 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment. Drop dough by teaspoons, about 2 inches apart, onto sheets (6 per sheet); roll into balls.
4. Bake until cookies are golden brown (they will harden as they cool), 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies on parchment to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Let cookies cool completely.
~~From Everyday Food, March 2009~~