* 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 cup sparkling wine or milk
* 3 Tbsp. sour cream
* 2 cups sugar
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
* 1/4 cup safflower or canola oil
* 5 cold eggs
* 2 Tbsp. vanilla paste or vanilla extract
* 1 recipe Sparkling Wine Glaze, recipe below
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan; set aside. In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift mixture; set aside. Stir together sparkling wine and sour cream; set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat sugar, melted butter, and oil with electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla paste. Beat on medium to high 3 to 5 minutes or until thicker and lighter in color. Add one-third the flour mixture; beat on low just until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add half the wine mixture; beat just until combined. Repeat with one-third the flour mixture, the remaining wine mixture, and remaining flour mixture. With rubber spatula scrape batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Turn out on rack; cool completely. Drizzle with Sparkling Wine Glaze.
Makes 16 servings.
4. Sparkling Wine Glaze: In small bowl combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp. sparkling wine. Stir in additional wine, 1 tsp. at a time, to reach drizzling consistency.