* 3 eggs
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
* Fresh raspberries, mint leaves and/or sweetened whipped cream, optional
* In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
* Just before serving, spoon lemon curd into tart shells. Garnish with raspberries, mint and/or cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 15 tartlets.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tartlet equals 115 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
~~Taste of Home April/May 2009~~