* 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
* 1-2/3 cups sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup egg substitute
* 1/2 cup buttermilk
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans
* 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 3 cups confectioners' sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; beat until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
* Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
* For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 18 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 345 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
~~Light & Tasty October/November 2007~~