* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-1/2 cups sugar
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 eggs
* 2 egg whites
* 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
* 2 cups cubed firm bananas
* 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
* In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Beat into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in pineapple. Fold in the bananas, cherries and walnuts.
* Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Add the batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 304 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
~~Light & Tasty June/July 2006~~