* 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* Dash ground ginger
* 4 slices prepared angel food cake (1 inch thick)
* Confectioners' sugar
* Toasted coconut
* In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, sugar, cream, cinnamon and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
* Meanwhile, place the cake on a baking sheet and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle sauce over the cake; sprinkle with coconut.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
~~Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001~~