* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
* 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* Green colored sugar
* In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well.
* Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in colored sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 3 dozen.
~~Best of Country Cookies~~