* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
* 4 baby carrots, julienned
* 1/2 celery rib, chopped
* 1 green onion, chopped
* Dash garlic powder
* Dash pepper
* 3/4 cup cooked elbow macaroni
* 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
* 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
* In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the macaroni, milk and spinach; heat through.
Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 207 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 whole milk.
~~Cooking for 2 Spring 2006~~