* 2 cups mayonnaise
* 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
* 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
* 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
* 2 tablespoons dill weed, divided
* 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1 round unsliced loaf (1 pound) sourdough or rye bread
* Assorted vegetables and crackers
* In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, corned beef, onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon dill and seasoned salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Trace the large shamrock pattern (see download below) onto a piece of waxed paper; cut out. Place on loaf. Carefully cut out and removed shamrock; set aside. Hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread and cutout shamrock into cubes. Fill shell with dip; sprinkle with remaining dill. Serve with bread cubes, vegetables and crackers.
Yield: 4 cups.
Download Shamrock-shape HERE
~~Country Woman March/April 1999~~